From Leica Wiki (English)Jump to navigationJump to search
- Leica M7 with 50mm f/2 Summicron-M IV lens.
- Order nos. - Black Chrome 10503 (0.72), Silver Chrome 10504 (0.72), Black Chrome 10505 (0.85), Silver Chrome 10560 (0.58), 10513 Betriebsk. (BK factory camera), 10546-blackchrom0.72set
- Production era - 2002-Current
- Type - 35 mm rangefinder camera with electronically controlled shutter and two mechanically controlled shutter speeds.
- Variants - Black - Silver - a la Carte - MP viewfinder added at s/n 2885000 and DX contacts somewhat later per Forum discussion  below
- Special editions - Sheikh Al-Thani Titanium Special Edition (1) - 50 Anniversary Midland Leitz (50 cameras) - Titanium 50 Year M Edition (1000 cameras) - CPA (China Photograph Association) Edition (51 cameras) - Hermès Edition with 1.4/35 mm ASPH. ("étoupe" or "orange" 100 cameras each)
- Lens mount - Leica M bayonet mount.
- Stabilization - None.
- Viewfinder - Optical x 0.72 magnification with automatic parallax corrected framelines. Custom versions with x 0.58 & 0.85 magnification are available from the manufacturer. LED symbol for battery status. LED light balance with two triangular LEDs and a central circular LED to adjust the exposure. Triangular LEDs give the required direction to rotate the aperture dial. The LEDs flash to warn that the brightness reading is above or below the metering range.
- Aspect ratio - 3:2
- Flash - hot shoe synchronization speed 1/50s, slower shutter speeds can be used with manual settings.
- Exposure compensation +/- 3EV in 1/3 EV increments or from 0 to –3 EV in 1 EV increments with computer control. Manual setting only.
- Film transport - Manual film loading after opening base plate and rear panel. Advance Manually with quick wind lever or LEICAVIT M or motorized using LEICA MOTOR M, LEICA WINDER-M, LEICA WINDER M4-P or LEICA WINDER M4-2 (from serial no. 10350). Rewind Manually with extending rewind button or rewind crank after turning R lever on front of camera. Frame counter On top of camera. Automatic reset after removing base plate.
- Film speed range - Choice of automatic setting from ISO 25/15° to ISO 5000/38° for DX coded films or manual setting from ISO 6/9° to ISO 6400/39°. Setting an additional exposure compensation (± 2 EV) allows speeds of ISO 1.5/3° to ISO 25000/45° to be used.
- Shutter - In automatic mode (AUTO) continuous from 32 s to 1/1000 s. In automatic mode (AUTO) continuous from 32 s to 1/1000 s. With manual setting 4 s to 1/1000 s in whole increments. Electronically controlled with two mechanically controlled shutter speeds, 1/60 s and 1/125 s. B for very long exposures of any duration, (1/50 s) for flash synchronization. Three stage: Power up Exposure value storage (in automatic mode) – Release Standard thread for cable release integrated.
- Exposure control - Choice of automatic control of shutter speed – with corresponding digital display – with manual aperture selection (automatic mode) or manual shutter speed and aperture setting with adjustment using LED light balance.
- Metering - Exposure metering through the lens (TTL), selectively with working aperture. Metering principle The light reflected by a metering spot in the center of the first shutter curtain. The metering spot has a diameter of 12 mm and thus corresponds to approx. 13% of the full film format or approx. 2/3 of the short side of the applicable bright line frame in the viewfinder. Metering range (for ISO 100/21°) From 0.03 to 125000 cd/m2 at room temperature, normal humidity and f/1.0. For ISO 100/21° this corresponds to EV-2 to 20 or f/1 and 4s (B setting) to f/32 and 1/1000s. Flashing of the left-hand triangular LED in the viewfinder indicates that the brightness reflected is below the metering range. Metering cell Silicon photodiode with focusing lens to the top left behind the bayonet.
- Power supply - 6 V from 2 lithium cells, type DL 1/3 N. Battery monitoring by flashing of LEDs in digital display or light balance or by illumination of bc display or all LEDs going out.
- Weight (camera body without batteries) - approx. 610 g. / 21.5 oz
- Dimensions (W x H x D without lens) - 138 x 79.5 x 38 mm - 5.4 x 3.1 x 1.5 inches.
- Camera body - Brass top and base plate. Silver chrome finish or black chrome finish. Tripod thread A 1/4 (1/4") DIN in base plate.
- Accessories - SF 24D Flash Unit, LEICAVIT M, LEICA Motor-M, LEICA Winder-M, Leather Ever Ready Case 14871, Handgrip 14405, Lens Holder 14404
- Information from manufacturer's technical data June 2006.
- Manuals & brochures
- Forum discussion
Leica M7 Serial Numbers
|SN Start||SN End||Product||Year||Batch|
|2782021||2787000||M7 (black-10 503+silver-10 504)||2002||4980|
|3000001||3001000||M7 Titan 50 Jahre M (+black)||2003||1000|
|3009101||3010100||M7 a la carte (10 560)||2004||1000|
|3121956||3122006||M7 CPA Edition||2006||51 3999567|
|Initial||assigned||serial numbers||2001-2006 only||27,033|
Serial numbers compiled from Puts Pocket Pod - Note: List ends in 2006